Report on the visit in Beja, Portugal, 6-13 May 2017
During the first year of the implementation of the European program Erasmus + entitled «No Early School Leaving by Sports, Musical, Theatrical, Artistic Activities» a visit to our partner school in PORTUGAL took place by two teachers and five students of our school .
Before the visit there were some discussions among the teachers regarding the general aims and objectives of the program, the benefits the students will derive from their participation in the program,as well as the difficulties they might encounter during the visit. A brief presentation of the visit schedule and some practical issues were also discussed.
The coordinating school took the responsibility for organizing the visit and coordinating communication with the partner schools during the preparation.The communication was conducted via Email and via Messenger among the coordinators of each school.
DURING THE VISIT
The main purposes of the visit were: acquaintance in person between coordinators and other
teachers of the participating schools, the participation of students in artistic activities as well as the design and planning of the activities which are going to take place by the end of the current school year (June 2017) including the next meetings.
- Each school made a presentation regarding the participating teachers and students.Moreover,each school presented a video about their home town.
- The likelihood of visiting Turkey in the next school year was discussed again. It was also proposed to realise this visit in Turkey with the participation of the three countries or visit Italy instead.
- We also discussed details about printing T-shirts for each country with the Logo of the program . These T-shirts will be presented in our meeting in Hungary.
- Details of a survey through a questionnaire that took place in each school were also discussed . The participating countries decided to give GREECE the results of these questionnaires to create comparative charts.
- Actions for the next meeting in Hungary were decided.
- Students attended classes at school and they took part in workshops for constructing and painting tiles,comics and photography. They also constructed their own tile, which they took back in their country as a souvenir.
- Teachers took part in painting lessons and created their own works of art.
- Traditional dishes from each country were presented during the meals and some of them were prepared by teachers on the spot.
- During our stay we visited the City Hall, the Library, the Theatre, various museums and art exhibitions such as comics, miniature, photography, modern art, construction and painting of tiles.
- We also had a boat tour to Europe's largest artificial lake and the dam as well as to the castle Monsaraz.
- Regular communication was decided between the participating schools
During our stay, colleagues and students from the host school welcomed us warmly and guided us on the school premises . The meetings and students’ activities mostly took place at school.
AFTER THE VISIT
On our return to GREECE there was an internal programming session regarding the materialisation of the agreed actions whereas the material gathered from the visit will be published on the school website.
The participating teachers
The participating students