Report on the visit
Report on the visit in Hungary, Budapest, 5-11 of November 2017
During the second year of the implementation of the European program Erasmus+ entitled «No Early School Leaving by Sports, Musical, Theatrical, Artistic Activities» a visit to our partner school in Hungary took place by four teachers and five students of our school
BEFORE THE VISIT
Before the visit there were some discussions among the teachers regarding the general aims and objectives of the program, the benefits the students will derive from their participation in the program, as well as the difficulties they might encounter during the visit. The Hungarian team distributed a printed tourist guide of the city to teachers and students, which contained information, the program of the visit and a notebook. A brief presentation of the visit schedule and some practical issues were also discussed.
The five students of our school prepared presentations for the participants involving the most famous sports in Greece as well as the sports activities that were realized in our school. A video call through Messenger made possible students from both countries to get to know each other before the visit.
The coordinating school took the responsibility for organizing the visit and coordinating communication with the partner schools during the preparation. The communication was conducted via Email and via Messenger among the coordinators of each school.
DURING THE VISIT
The main purposes of the visit were: acquaintance in person between coordinators and other
teachers of the participating schools, the participation of students in sports activities as well as the design and planning of the activities which are going to take place by the end of the current school year (June 2018) including the next meetings.
- Each school made a presentation regarding the participating teachers and students.
- The sports activities of each school as well as the most important sports of each country were presented in the meeting.
- Teachers, students and parents had the opportunity to taste traditional dishes of all the participating countries during a dinner that was realized at school hall.
- The students attended courses at school and they took part in sports activities, such as basketball, football, climbing, table-tennis, track. They also explored Pal-Volgyi cave and they swam in the swimming facilities of Margaret Island.
- The teachers participated in sports activities at school.
- During our stay we visited the City Hall , the Parliament and the most important sights of Budapest, as well as Visegrad, where we visited the castles of the area and watched a fantastic Knights Tournament!
- Actions for the next meeting in Italy were decided. The meeting is going to take place between 15-21 of April 2018 and "Theatre" is the main theme. The meeting In Italy will have two parts: TPM for the coordinators and LTT for teachers and students. During TPM the final activities report will be discussed and completed for at least 80%.
- We also discussed details about printing T-shirts for each country with the Logo of the program. These T-shirts will be presented in our meeting in Italy.
- Details regarding the theatrical play that each country is going to present (in English Language) in Italy were also discussed. It will be a traditional story or fable of each country written in English. All the stories and fables will make up a collection that will be printed in a book. Each country will prepare an illustration for its fable.
- During the closing ceremony students and teachers were given certificates of attendance and they had the opportunity to play games, dance traditional dances and taste traditional dishes of all countries.
- Regular communication was decided between the participating schools.
During our stay, colleagues and students from the host school welcomed us warmly and guided us on the school premises and the most important sights of Budapest. The meetings and students’ activities mostly took place at school. Our students who were hosted in Hungarian families had the opportunity to become aware of the everyday life, the habits and culture of the host country, Hungary.
AFTER THE VISIT
On our return to Greece there was an internal programming session regarding the materialization of the agreed actions whereas the material gathered from the visit will be published on the school website and the local press.
The participating teachers
Χούσανλη Αικατερίνη, Κετσετσίδου Θεοδώρα, Ευσταθία Γιαγκιόζη, Ευμορφία Χατζηεσέ
The participating students
Παπαδόπουλος Ιορδάνης, Ποιμενίδης Ηλίας, Βογιατσής Σταύρος- Παναγιώτης, Δέμελης Ιωάννης, Τοπούζογλου Βασίλειος