No Early School Leaving by Sports, Musical, Theatrical, Artistic Activities 2016-2018
We prepared our project according to 2020 strategy of European Commission entitled “EARLY SCHOOL LEAVING”.
Early school leaving is linked to unemployment, social exclusion and poverty. There are many reasons why some young people give up education and training too soon: personal or family problems, learning difficulties or a fragile socio-economic situation. The way the education system is set up and the environment in individual schools are also important reasons for the issue.
Europe's future depends largely on its young people. Through its Europe 2020 strategy, the European Union aims to support young people better and to enable them to fully develop their talents for their own as well as for their economy's and society's benefit. One of the headline targets agreed by the European Council is to reduce the share of early school leavers to less than 10% and to ensure that at least 40% of the younger generation has a tertiary qualification or equivalent. Improving the educational achievement of young people addresses both the aims for 'smart growth' by improving skills levels and for 'inclusive growth' by tackling one of the major risk factors for unemployment and poverty.
(http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/ EN/TXT/HTML/?uri =CELEX:52011DC0018& from= EN)
As the partners of this project, since the activity field of all the partners is education, culture and sports and the target groups of the institutions are teenagers, we took our responsibilities as the ones who can provide beneficial supports for the future of EU.
We framed out our project to improve our students’, teenagers 'talents as well as qualification, educational achievements and basic skills level. We will support inclusive growth of our students by our project activities.
The first step of the project is searching the rates of early school leaving at schools. So our project will be one step ahead in terms of affecting level. Even though there are five partners in the project, with sub-partners the project will be applied more than 5 schools.
Students at risk of early school leaving will be the main actors in the project. Moreover, we will also find out the ones who have already dropped out and let them complete their education.
We set up teams in every institution including teachers, Psychological Counselors, PE teachers, Arts teachers, Drama teachers, ICT teachers, Retired teachers, Administrative staff, PTA members and Music teachers. These teams will instruct all the activities.
Project activities will be applied with the aim of improving our beneficiaries’ basic skills, ICT skills, social skills, language skills and entrepreneur skills. We want our teenage participants to get to know the feeling of success and to make them aware of being useful. It is also our aim to increase their self-confidence, self-esteem and individual talents. We believe that our project will provide them the taste of success and hopes for future.
Our activities are after school activities. There are five major types of activities- sports, musical, theatrical, artistic and entrepreneurship/ voluntary. (See implementation sections for the activities and work programme)
- to improve our students’/ teenager’s talents, qualification, educational achievements and basic skills level.
- to prevent students from school dropout and inequality
- to encourage learning of modern foreign languages
- to improve pupil's sports and social skills
- to support students' school and life success
RESULTS AND IMPACTS
Through our project the five partners intend to create both short-term and long-term tangible and intangible results and to achieve the biggest possible impact to future projects and policy processes such as leading students to overcome lack of self-esteem, setting up the project website in order to provide a continuous access to the general information of the project activities, progress and results, writing newspaper reports and creating on-site panels or leaflets to inform non-specialist audience about the project background and main results, communication, and cognitive skills of students, at risk as well as cultivating effective partnerships between trainers, educators, and community organizations so as to amplify our collective impact on the students.
Summary of the meeting in Greece
- By the 10th April, everybody will inform the others about the decision to go or not to go to Turkey;
- The eventual dates for Turkish meeting are: 19th /23rd February 2018 or 26th Feb/3rd Mar 2018;
- In case we decide to decline Turkish invitation, the meeting will be held in Italy on 16th/20th Apr 2018;
- In any case the project final meeting will be held in Italy on the same dates;
- The meeting in Hungary will be held in Nov. 2017 – 6th/11th ;
- By the end of March everybody will put his corrections on the questionnaire;
- The questionnaire will be given to students by the end of April. The results will be compared in Portugal.
- Everybody should ask for an estimate of prices to print 250 t-shirts with the project logo. 50 t-shirts (S-M-L-XL) for each country, coloured as follows: Greece/light blue – Italy/white – Portugal/yellow – Turkey/red – Hungary/green;
- Regarding the EUROPASS and all the things concerning budget, we will get further information by the coordinator.